JFS Plugin should be correctly installed and activated with either evaluation or commercial license. Check JFS Installation&Upgrade Guide before continuing.
Create a Field Security Scheme
- Navigate to JIRA Administration → Addons → Field Security → Field Security Schemes;
- Fill in the new scheme name and optionally description, and press the 'Add' button.
The new scheme will appear in the list.
Configure a Field Security Scheme
- Click 'Configure' link in the 'Operations' column;
- Select the field from the drop-down list and click the 'Add' button;
- The field will be added to the scheme; by default, it will have 'Everyone → Allow' condition, which means the field has no restrictions;
- Click 'Add Rule...' link for the field and select desired condition and its parameters; then click the 'Create' button.
Assign the Scheme to the Project
- Navigate to the project configuration page;
- Click 'Set Field Security Scheme' link and select the scheme in the dialog, then click 'Update' button.
Now your fields in this project are secured.